Wednesday 7 September 2011

GIVE ME A HAND! and I will give you a MITTEN!

how to crochet, crochet patterns, fingerless mittens, crochet for women,




Fingerless mittens - my favourite clothing accessory - I love being able to use my fingers even though I have gloves on - and that is what fingerless mittens are all about.  The freedom to do!





This is a fingerless mittens design which I worked on last winter. I made a pair of fingerless mittens in this lattice pattern (a nice olive green with purple trim) - do you remember? You can read about it HERE

So, it has taken me HOW LONG? to finally get this pattern into the computer?  Sometimes that's just how it is, and sometimes it is worth waiting, it has turned out to be quite fruitful, with minor adjustments to the original pattern, and simplified pattern instructions.  I am happy with the end product.  All worth the wait!

how to crochet, crochet patterns, fingerless mittens, crochet for women,


YARN TALK:  

James C Brett - Who is this man, you say?

how to crochet, crochet patterns, mittens, crochet for women,


Well, I don't know WHO he is!  but the yarn is fabulous, it is my latest yarn find and I am in love with this Pure Merino DK
and yes, can you see on the label - it is machine washable... not that I ever wash my handknits in the machine... but maybe you do?

This yarn is so incredibly soft and there is a fantastic range of colours.  It is ever so luxuriously delicate to the touch (well, yes I pinched the words from the yarn description on Deramores, oops!)

It is absolutely the perfect yarn for these mittens and I dare say for any garment!  By the way, if you're wondering which shade is this pink, it is Shade No. 15.

Do you think I am addicted to fingerless mittens?  YES? you may be right.
how to crochet, crochet patterns, fingerless mittens, crochet for women,


LATTICE Fingerless Mittens Crochet Pattern

is available from my online stores:

RAVELRY     ETSY      CRAFTSY


Enjoy!
Ciao, ciao!


Copyright © 2008
Barbara Summers Hand Knit and Crochet.
All rights reserved.


YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crochet patterns, how to crochet, man mittens, man gloves, fingerless, crochet for men,


crochet patterns, how to crochet, mittens, ladies,


crochet patterns, how to crochet, mittens, edwardian, vintage,